...Cleaver that is... and I'm okay with that! With all of her glorious motherly ways.
I want to be the mom who bakes, sews and knits.
The only issue is... I don't really do any of those things well, so here's me sharing with you all my 101's.
Laugh with me or at me, I don't care. I just hope I can evolve during this process!

Friday 20 May 2011

Counting Sheep

Yesterday I had the opportunity to nap. Hallelujah!
The toddler went for a nap as well as the 5 week old.
Never mind that the infant grunts a lot in her sleep and she sleeps in a bassinet beside me.
But as exhausted as I was (a night of zero sleep beforehand) I could not sleep.
I felt mentally exhausted as well as physically.
So I lay there craving a nap and it just wouldn't happen.

With that kind of trouble I decided to try counting sheep. Hey? Why not? I've never tried before though.

My dilemma even in this? What do the sheep look like?
Do they look like Russell from one of my toddler's books?















Or do they look like Shaun from Wallace and Gromit?















Or some other form? Like... well... a real sheep?
Are they jumping over the fence? Or jumping clouds? Or simply crossing the road?

And you wonder why I'm exhausted?
I can't even allow myself the luxury of falling asleep because I'm so looney tired imagining these ridiculous scenarios!

Off to attempt today's nap. Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. Pop a Gravol. I was never able to sleep when S was little, but with B I was given that advice and I think it saved me. (and it was good advice, from a medical professional.)

    - Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem is pulling myself out of the fog that they leave! I used to use them for flying a lot. Even a half one... I'm such a light weight. But great suggestion... I still may try it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me happy.