...Cleaver that is... and I'm okay with that! With all of her glorious motherly ways.
I want to be the mom who bakes, sews and knits.
The only issue is... I don't really do any of those things well, so here's me sharing with you all my 101's.
Laugh with me or at me, I don't care. I just hope I can evolve during this process!

Saturday 16 July 2011

Baking Haute Couture

Not just for your fashionable enjoyment, aprons are extremely useful in the old "hand wiping" department too, as you well know. Some people simply use a tea towel strewn over the shoulder (like my fiance). But me, I like to wear something that says... "I'M BAKING!" meaning, "I feel very important, don't bother me."

And if you're going to wear an apron I feel its a perfect opportunity to wear something with pizzaz!

A few years ago I bought my fiance this one by Earth Angel Designs.

I thought it very clever and suiting but alas, he's not an apron kinda guy. So I used it for quite some time until I got myself something more to my style.

This half apron is by Coy Clothes and beyond her awesome t-shirts I'm happy that she's gone into aprons because she's doing them right! All upcycled materials she puts them together in a retro and fun way. I mean, look at the cute pocket made from an old flour sack!


I hope to keep building my apron collection as well. They need constant cleaning - at least mine do! So more than a couple seems reasonable to me and it also quenches my shopping thirst!

1 comment:

  1. Love the half apron! And yes, you most definitely should have a couple (or more) just in case. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me happy.