...Cleaver that is... and I'm okay with that! With all of her glorious motherly ways.
I want to be the mom who bakes, sews and knits.
The only issue is... I don't really do any of those things well, so here's me sharing with you all my 101's.
Laugh with me or at me, I don't care. I just hope I can evolve during this process!

Monday 18 July 2011

Ramicans, Not Just For Baking

Ever had that terrible fruit fly invasion in the kitchen? Or the bathroom as I have it?

I read about this somewhere years ago and it has worked like a charm every time.

Either using your old beer or buying a cheap can of it, pour some into a shallow dish, cover with saran wrap and then using a fork poke one set of holes in it. The fruit flies love beer. I don't know why, probably because they're Canadian (ours are anyway). They go in the tiny holes by the scent and can't get out. Mu-ah-ah-ah. I put two out in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. For some strange reason they always find their way there and this week, in masses! Its terrible. So here's a snap shot of the ramican in my bathroom... and by complete coincidence, the bar of soap I have out right now. I have NO idea why my toddler is too wigged out to use the soap right now.

1 comment:

  1. AHA! I'm so trying this. I hate fruit flies. They have invaded my house despite the absence of fruit...(?)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me happy.