...Cleaver that is... and I'm okay with that! With all of her glorious motherly ways.
I want to be the mom who bakes, sews and knits.
The only issue is... I don't really do any of those things well, so here's me sharing with you all my 101's.
Laugh with me or at me, I don't care. I just hope I can evolve during this process!

Friday 30 September 2011

The Best Banana Bread EVER

Do you want to know how to have the best Banana Bread on the block? The topping.
I've mastered my mom's recipe of banana bread. But that's why I need to branch out and make new things... because that's all I was making for awhile!

However, I will share with you how to make your banana bread the talk of the party.
Make your own banana bread recipe. Just as you always do.
Below is the topping recipe. It takes your banana bread to banana CAKE. It isn't health conscious but I'm not Jenny Craig.

1/2 C butter
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 can condensed milk (there's fat free if you want... but why would you?)

Bring the above to a boil, barely.
*** Do NOT take your eyes off of it. You will be fooled and think its not boiling, but what will have happened is a layer of skin developed on the bottom of the sauce pan and when the bubbles finally come up and you stir... well, you've got all that burnt milk in your topping. Trust me. I still do it if I don't give it 100% of my attention.

So as you bring to a boil (on medium/high) stir it every 30 seconds or so.

As soon as it boils put it on simmer for 12 minutes and keep stirring!
Once done add 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.

Hopefully your banana bread is cooling nicely on the racks to be ready when the topping is done.
Between the heat of the bread and the topping it will spread out nicely when you drizzle it on.

I make either 9 x 13 or two round cakes and even muffins and top them off too.

But no matter how I do it my man is the happiest ever and will do all the cleaning up after me as a thank you!

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. I bet it's the condensed milk that makes this taste extra good - I could eat that alone straight out of the can..lol
    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me happy.