...Cleaver that is... and I'm okay with that! With all of her glorious motherly ways.
I want to be the mom who bakes, sews and knits.
The only issue is... I don't really do any of those things well, so here's me sharing with you all my 101's.
Laugh with me or at me, I don't care. I just hope I can evolve during this process!

Sunday 1 January 2012

Presto! Its a Ball.

While at my mom's for Christmas I asked her about these whacky contraptions on the desk.

Turns out they are quite obviously for winding skeins into balls! And low and behold, I had skeins with me.

Umbrella Swift - open your skein and slip it over the umbrella.

Attached the end of the skein to the Winder and giv'er! (turn the handle, that is)

Yarn BEFORE


Yarn AFTER


It went so fast I was actually sad when it was over.

2 comments:

  1. I always wondered about that first one...
    Fabulous. Another item I "need"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU NEED TO GET SOME ! ..now that's an order..ahahahahah Seriously though I would be lost without mine, best tools ever but beware little people like them too .D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me happy.