...Cleaver that is... and I'm okay with that! With all of her glorious motherly ways.
I want to be the mom who bakes, sews and knits.
The only issue is... I don't really do any of those things well, so here's me sharing with you all my 101's.
Laugh with me or at me, I don't care. I just hope I can evolve during this process!

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Circulars To Covet

While visiting my parents this past weekend I took my mom's new set of circulars for a test drive. Wow.

I bought the set for her at Christmas from Knit Picks. They have flexible cables instead of plastic. AND I got her the 'Cadillacs' of the bunch. Harmony Wood. The woman has been knitting since she was 13, get her some rockin' needles!

It was actually a perfect plan to try her circulars.
I started my daughter's new Yoke Sweater on my own 5mm circulars, then my mom reminded me I hadn't done a test swatch.  The only 5mm she had around were the Harmony's... Nice!
So here's my swatch on the needles.

Look at that gorgeous wood.

The flexible cable didn't put up a fight. No wrestling required.
May I add I'd like to thank my mom for coaxing me to do a swatch as it turned out an entire inch too big. Oops. So I'm jigging the pattern to work out to the size I need.

Ahhhh... and I'm back on the plastic cable circulars.
But as they say, "Patience young Grasshopper."


2 comments:

  1. I love the colours of those needles! I've heard 'the swatch' is key, though I've never made anything for reals that might require such things. Soon...soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoooo.. she's at it and clicking away. Practice is key and is swatching :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They make me happy.